Benefits of Mobility Solutions
|RFID | Wireless | Mobility|
European firms spend 32% of their telecom and networking budgets on mobility. Mobility is no longer at the fringe of discussions; instead, it lies at the core of strategic agendas. Why? Because of the opportunity for greater productivity, cost savings, and boosted employee morale. But mobility projects raise concerns for firms about costs and reliability, especially as they start to enhance their enterprise applications — like sales force and field force applications — with mobility. Enterprises need to stay focused on identifying their needs and taking a step-by-step approach to realize full benefits.
Developing a solid business case to mobilise the company's workforce means carefully assessing the current challenges, scoping out the business solution, detailing the resulting benefits, and determining the best technology solution.
The business benefits of an integrated mobility solution stretches right across the entire company, touching the lives and the roles of all levels of resources within the business. Congruent with the different mobility application areas, the benefits could equally be expected at the level of the generic mobile office, as well as specific application areas such as field service management.
The benefits of wireless mobility include:
- More efficient management of mobile and remote resources
- Reduced operational costs
- Improved service delivery
- Productivity improvement
- Ensuring business continuity
- Retaining customer loyalty
- Wining new customers
- Providing end users with greater flexibility
- Leveraging existing infrastructures to maximise logistics potential
- Promising tangible business benefits such as real time return on investment (ROI)
- Helping organisations gain and sustain a competitive advantage
Mobile solutions can deliver all these benefits if the right applications, devices and business processes are implemented - enabling communication, information access, and business transactions anywhere, anytime.